Friday, August 29, 2008

Where's the fire?

I had a heart-to-heart talk with one of my mentors yesterday and she asked me "where's the fire Loveme?" She was talking about the fire she has seen in me when she first met me.

I have always been passionate about life - everything about life. I got that from my father. He taught me how important it is to keep the fire burning, to love everything, to be passionate about life. I am still passionate, I still have the passion to bring out the best, not only for myself but for the people around me. It has never died down but as I grow more mature I have come to realize that things and sometimes people will try to test you. They will try to squeeze out all that passion and leave you with nothing.

But at the end of it all you will end up asking yourself is it worth it? Is my passion worth fighting for? Will I let them take it away?

In this 29 years of existence I have asked myself those questions several times already. And guess what my answer was when my mentor asked me that question yesterday, I said "no it has not died down, its still burning, naka-low lang". =)



No comments: