Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Accounting 101


For 2 days I stopped my usual call-and-follow-up or demo-SBO routine and got stuck at Bayantrade's corporate office for Accounting for Non-Accountants training.

Taking this course happens to be on my list of To Do's for 2008 so I never hesitated when my boss asked me if I want to attend this in-house training even if it meant that I would have to put on hold my other duties. The training was indeed an answer to my prayers.

Our trainor was very good, not to mention she has a very impressive career background. She was brilliant because she was able to get through to her students who are not accountants. Now, I am able to appreciate T Accounts, balance sheets, profit and loss, cash flows and all those basic accounting principles. We were even taught how to do our personal income statements and balance sheets.

Now I am more confident and happy about myself that in 2 days I have learned to value accounting in my day to day existence. My father was right I could have been richer if I followed him and took up accountancy.

And Miss Maribel was right you can never call it accounting for dummies because dummies will never understand the beauty and complexity of accounting.

1 comment:

faeryrowan said...

Unsa na man ni Accounting na man ni? Di ba Mass Comm ka? Hehe! Bambem! You're blogging! Yay! Hehehehe! Hope to read more of you. Dapat active ha. Adding you to my "heavenly beings" blogroll. Kiss ko imo baby beh, ka cute jud ni Lance uy! Buyag1 Buyag! Hehe!