Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

I got a very early wake up call yesterday. It was my aunt asking me to get her plane tickets for the province. Emergency? Not really. They are just off to some thanksgiving party cum reunion. You see my cousins graduated from college last March and one of them graduated with honors, cum laude. Celebrations were put on hold because they were preparing for their board exams. Now finally the exams are over and the results are out. My cousin made it to the top 10. She actually ranked 8th in the board exams. And damn we are all proud of her.

But I should say I am more proud of my Auntie E1 (I have an Aunt E2 hehehe) She is someone I always looked up to. My cousins never had the best things in life but they had a very responsible mother. Who would have thought that with her meager income she will be able to successfully send her children off to college. Love and hardwork was the key I should say. Or maybe there was another formula but those 2 are the most obvious factors for me.

Late last night I called home. No one from the adults was sleeping. Everyone was catching up since for the longest time my father and all his brothers and sisters were never together in one occassion. Well perhaps they only needed a reason to get together again. And the happiest of them all? My grandmother.

So to my dear cousins May and April. You've done a great job! But hold one my dears this is just the start of another journey. Its pay back time.

No comments: