Thursday, July 16, 2009

Believe In Prayers

My job in an IT software company requires me to do product presentation. I happen to have one today. As I have a had enough of the bad days this week I was wishing that today would be better but the signs were not as good as I expected when I woke up this morning. . I woke up 7:15 AM and the rain has been pouring down so heavily since 6AM according to our househelp. Call time for the team to be at client site is 8:30. Well no worries I live just 15 minutes away anyways. So I took all the time taking my bath and preparing to go. I was on my way 8:15 only to encounter flooded streets and heavier rain. But the schedule is set and I have been praying for this schedule for 3 weeks already.
When I got to the client site everyone was there but the server like the weather was not cooperating. I panicked! "Oh no! This isn't happening." Thoughts about my boss getting haywire, thoughts on embarassment, thoughts on eventually finding a new job if my boss fires me were all over my mind while I waited for the sign from our technical guy that the server is up and ready.
In the midst of the on-going presentation and thinking about all those thoughts I realized I should not think about all the nega things I am thinking. I stopped and willed myself to pray. And the prayer was simple. "Lord, please make the server cooperate. Make it start up the application."
Ten minutes was all it took for my prayers to be answered. The server was up and ready and I was able to smile my sweetest smile. In my thoughts I silently said my thanks. "Thank you, Lord. You saved my day. You saved us."
Prayers are heard even if the pouring of the rain is deafening.

2 comments:

konsuy said...

always start your day with a prayer, bem.

VEMBINA said...

mao jud mam chi.