Friday, June 26, 2009

His Cough Runneth Over

Cough and colds it is. Lance has cough and colds for 3 days already and I am worried. As much as I don't want him to take some medicines (because I am aware that giving him medications could have adverse effects and its a pain administering medicines to him) I had no choice when it worsened last night. He didn't sleep well. He wakes me up from time to time telling me his nose is stuffy. I obliged him to wake me up when he feels his nose is stuffy already. I gave him medicines for cough and colds this morning and asked the yaya to monitor within the day if he is feeling better.
I hope he gets better or else we'll have to bring him to his pedia tomorrow for a check up and I'm pretty sure for the next 3-5 days we will have to force him to drink his medicines. We are really having a hard time on this part - even for the vitamins. We have been pretty creative and we were successful for the last months in letting him take his vitamins. But honestly effort talaga!
Now I understand why my mother was in a bad mood when we get sick. She would always tell us "if you get sick bring yourself to the hospital I won't take care of you" whenever she sees us being careless with our health. No she's not cold hearted its just her way of telling us be careful and perhaps her way of saying "darn you kids I am a medical practioner and there you are getting sick"
But even if she gets bad trip she makes sure we are taken cared of. And most often than not I see her praying. So I guess other than taking care of my son and giving him medicines the rest if up to Him - I just have to kneel down and talk to him.

1 comment:

konsuy said...

praying lance gets better soon. ana gyud na vulnerable kaayo ang kids to illnesses.