Sunday, May 24, 2009

The End Of A Summer Affair

Who? Me?
Oh no! Not mine but my son's summer affair.

They said he was too young. I said there's no harm in trying. If it makes him happy then why not?
I wont mislead you more. I am talking about Lance's Summer Stepping Stones Class.
He puts an act everytime he sees his bag and pretends he's leaving for school.
L: Bye Mommy. (waves his hand and carries his back pack) I am going to school na.

That made me think that he was ready so I asked for Hubby's approval and enrolled him. We even had school hunting before that. When we found a school that we liked (facilities, location, teachers, not to mention that the directress was a UPian - I know I am clannish!) we enrolled him and prepared for his summer classes.

The first week went well, surprisingly. He wakes up early and dresses up enthusiastically for school. He followed a routine. We followed a routine religiously. I loved it. I loved it because I have been trying to let him follow a routine but I know it cant be unless I will stop working and be a SAHM.

Sadly after 2 weeks his interest diminished. It was harder to wake him up. He had tantrums and wouldn't want to dress into schoolwear, just pajamas, after every bath. That was our cue that it was ending.

I called the directress and informed her about Lance. She hopes to see him next summer though. I will definitely enroll him there not because the directress is UPian but because I liked the school.

This is where the summer affair ends. And here are the keepsakes of that love affair:





No comments: