Friday, May 8, 2009

Calm

Everything is calm after the storm.

It was raining hard the whole day yesterday. I think Metro Manila was on storm signal number 1 yesterday. Thank God it was only signal number 1 here because Emong hit hard in Northern Luzon specifically Dagupan City.

Yesterday while I was out for an errand I was already thinking of spending my Friday (which is Today) in bed. I thought it will still continue to rain hard today but when I woke up everything was so still. No sound of the pouring rain and the wind. That was my sign. I knew it even before looking out of the window that the Emong is gone.

I was still in denial. Without looking out of the window I turned on the tv to check on the weather and their it was – the confirmation that I needed, Emong is already leaving the country. I was a bit disappointed.

While I was having breakfast, the calmness I felt when I woke up this morning kept on coming back. It lingered. Is my life really chaotic for me to appreciate such brief moment of calmness?

No comments: