Monday, October 20, 2008

Second Chances

Do you have those moments before going to bed at night where you think about the happenings of the day that was and wished you could have done certain things differently? Have you ever tried to kneel down and pray and asked Him for a second chance? I am sure at one point in our busy lives we have asked for second chances.

Those who got their second chances were lucky or should I say blessed. But for those who didn’t it felt like the world is against them. Just recently, someone close to me was both given and denied of a second chance. Why both? As the saying goes, when a door closes another opens. I have realized whenever shit happens hope afloats and I have proved it maybe not in my own life but in the lives of the people around me.

Second chances are disguised in ugly packaging sometimes so we have to ask Him to give us our second chance, the right one for us. As what my mentor would often tell me, pray for it, ask for it and give it all up to Him and you will be shown the way.

So to you my friend, I suggest that you do this: take the load off your shoulders, leave your regrets behind, stop looking at the door that has closed behind you because they will never open it up for you again. Look ahead because your second chance is there right infront of you. But remember to pray before you grab it.

No comments: