Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rain

After Ondoy I get nervous when it rains. We were not flooded during Ondoy's wrath, flood was no where near our house but I feel for those who are in Ultra because they have no more place to stay. I feel for those people whose houses are still flooded, waist-deep. What would happen to them if it would rain again?

L's ex-yaya sent me a text message that their house is still flooded until now and is worrying that it will stay there until Christmas. I asked her to stay at home but she refused since no one is going to look after their house and thieves are taking advantage of the situation. Heartless.

Ondoy taught me to be more prepared. I don't wanna speak about how prepared we are right now because according to my Hubby I'm already near the borderline of prepared and praning. Can't blame me.

I guess other than just being prepared which has short term effects I am now looking into long term preparedness. The rains and the sudden climate change are effects of global warming. Maybe it is best that we do something about global warming - in our own little way.

Let me start with my 5 ways:

1. No more buying of bottled water every time we go out. We can bring our own water canisters filled with water.

2. No more plastic bags for groceries. Use SM's Green Bag.

3. Limit air con time. Although its difficult since both Hubby and L are asthmatic and cant stand super hot conditions.

4. Bring utensils specially for L. We have a habit of asking for disposable spoon and fork whenever we are dinning outside for L's use.

5. Use tissue paper wisely. Paper comes from trees and trees are cut down for these papers. We need trees so less use of paper = lesser trees to cut.

I am not Superwoman so I can never save the world but at least I can try.

No comments: